Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My passion came to an end

Well the past few years I have been working for Desert Riders Motorsports, I have put a lot of time and efforts into this company. Upon leaving my job to move to Provo, I had one last request. I wanted to attend the annual Yamaha Dealer Meeting in Las Vegas. I was able to work things out to be able to attend this meeting. I had an amazing time and an unforgettable experience!


Well this is the fabulous Mirage that we stayed it! It was a pretty cool hotel, I enjoyed it! The pool area was so neat also!










































We had a few minutes before our first meeting started so we were just taking some funny pictures.











































Oh man, this is a story to tell... So Monday night we were getting on the bus to head over to another hotel to watch the Blue Man Show. I sat with Susan and there was an empty seat next to Houston. So a kid came up and sat by him, he was wearing a Yamaha shirt and had a name badge so I knew he was one of the Yamaha Factory Riders. It was Broc Hepler who races for Yamaha on a dirt bike. Houston was in heaven. Well I didn't have a seat next to Houston and Susan because I had to buy my own and it just wasn't close to theirs. I got to my seat and Broc came and sat in my row and was chatting with me a bit. Seats started to fill in a little more and some guys came and sat by me. They were regional managers for Yamaha so it was neat to chat with them for a bit. Well a few minutes later a younger kid and an older man came and sat on the other side of me. It was Thad and Randy. They also ride for Yamaha. They both race in the WNCC class which is just a minor class out door type race. It was such a neat experience sitting with all of them!




Randy, Thad, & Me!






















Me and Broc














Me and Houston in our pit shirts



When we finished with a meeting we went touring around some of the hotels and we came upon humpty dumpty so we had to take a picture!



















Tuesday after all the meetings and the pool party, me and Houston, as well as a couple from Cochise Motorsports got together with our District Manager and our parts and service rep. We all went out on the town to have some fun! We went to a place called Marguerita Ville. They had a live band and we just hung out and had a good time. I wanted one last picture with the 3 main guys so we took a funny one! After we were done there, we met up with some more district managers and regional managers to have some more fun! It was definately a good time!








































After all was said and done, we bummed around all day Wednesday until we had to go to the airport. My flight didn't leave for another hour after Houston and Susan left. As they were boarding and I gave them hugs, Reality hit me that I was done with Yamaha now. I started to tear up a little bit and saw the two of them off. It was a really sad moment to realize that I was done, that my life and my passion that I had come to love was gone. It never really hit me like it did that day, but I still know that there is a reason that I left the things I love to live here in Provo.

2 comments:

Michael and Dena said...

It sounds like you had tons of fun. The Hotel you stayed at looked way nice.

Richard and Chelsey said...

Vegas is so much fun!! I have always wanted to go to a Blue Man Group Show. I bet it was a blast.