Saturday, December 20, 2008

First week on the floor!

Well I was definately not looking forward to this week at school. I have been stressing out so much because I was scared to deathe to cut hair. Wel didn't have a ton of practice on cutting so I felt really incompatant with my ablilities. My first day on the floor, I had a men's hair cut. I was scared for my life but it went really good and turned out really well. I was s glad I had a client that first day because I didn't want to have to stress or worry for the next day or so til I got one.

The next day I had a wonen's hair cut. Oh my was I nervous. I was never really taught how to cut short hair so I was going to crap my pants if I had to do a short cut. Well she finally came and I went to get her. She wanted an A-line cut and I was so nervous. I asked my instrucrtor to help me out a bit. She came over and was so helpful. She started me off on one side of the base and I did the opposite, I had her check before I got started to make sure I would have a good guide to go off of. It was good so I continued. I had her check one other time before I got to the front of the hair. She was such a big help for me, I am a complete rookie at cutting layers so again she showed me on one side and I had her stay and watch me for the second side. I'm glad she stayed because I was just a big help! The cut was finally finished and it turned out so good! She really liked it and she tipped me 10 bucks!

Then Wednedsday and Thursday we got to play around a little bit with color. We colored mine and Anna's hair on Wednesday and Thursday we did Nicholes. It was fun to practice on eachother with mixing and applying color. I really enjoyed that!

Finally Friday rolled around and we didn't have anyone elses hair to do so we had to take clients. I had a women's hair cut at 10 and I was once again freaking out. I was getting myself all worked up for nothing. The client I had just came in a few days ago for a perm. She just wanted it thinned out a little bit. I had Deb (an instructor) come over and show me what to do. I went and washed her hair and came back and went to work. That was a really fun experience! I enjoyed doing that!

The last thing on the adgenda for the week was our test. Needless to say I got a 100% on it and I was relieved to be done with the first week of school. It was a great learning experience and I had fun even though it was nerve racking. I think it was juts because I'm so ready to come home for a bit!

1 comment:

Stephanie Clites said...

that's good that you did good! I'm excited that you're coming down, you need to stop by and see Hayden! LOVE YOU!